Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Change Has Come To America."



I'm not going to go in depth with this. You already know where I stood, or, rather, where I stand. I stand by Barack Obama. I have seen what was long denounced as impossible come to pass. Obama hasn't just broken ground today, he has the chance to become the foundation for a new world. We cannot pretend for an instant that this is not the most memorable moment in American political history, and we cannot deny that this is a beautiful, glorious achievement to be recalled forever, not just in American hearts, but across the world. The entire planet is united now in celebration because of our decision to place our trust in the right person.



I'm so proud of all of you, and I'm so absolutely filled with joy for the possibilities that Obama's presidency brings. I'm proud of everyone. Tupac can rest easy, Martin Luther King Jr. can give thanks anew, and we can wake up every day filled with renewed pride in our country, and the knowledge that we finally have a President who cares about each and every one of us.

Yes, we can.

No comments: